DeSoto Arts Council Community Arts Grants and Mini-Grants provide financial assistance to nonprofit organizations, schools, public and social service agencies, as well as to artists and individuals for projects that have artistic merit and serve the community.
Goals of the program are:
- To foster a vital and resourceful arts community and quality art organizations and individuals.
- To foster a community of artists who are respected for their insights, expressions, and involvement.
- To foster opportunities for community involvment with art.
- To provide arts-in-education opportunities with the schools.
- To increase communication and collaboration in the arts community.
- To encourage a community that is involved in and strengthened through the arts.
Deadlines for Community Arts Grant proposals are May 31 and November 30.
Because funds are limited, grant applicants compete on the basis of the published criteria presented in the guidelines and application.